The consultancy’s focus is to increase leadership abilities and enable schools to become self-sufficient. This is achieved through tailor-made programmes that utilise action planning and target setting processes. The process involves the coaching and mentoring of senior/middle leader communication and focused dialogue.
We have considerable experience in helping schools analyse strengths and weaknesses. ISSET worked extensively in a school in special measures in London described by the ‘Evening Standard’ under the heading ‘Is this the worst school in England?’ ISSET’s work of coaching the senior and middle leadership teams to formulate, implement and evaluate strategies for improvement, greatly assisted the school in being removed from special measures within a year of our involvement and for HMI to praise the benefits of our consultancy.
We are the Leadership Consultants to Cardiff LEA, working with secondary schools to increase the capacity of leadership.
- Senior Team & Middle Leader communication and action planning
- School improvement
- Pupil tracking & data analysis
- Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum development
- Departmental monitoring & development
- Leading from the Middle
- Behaviour management
- Communications systems & Effective communication
- Pastoral systems and support
- School & Team self-review
- Continuing Professional Development
- Preparation for Inspection
- Successfully dealing with Serious Weaknesses, Challenging Circumstances and Special Measures
- Active Learning in the Classroom
- Bridging the gap
ISSET’s school consultancy arm, the Effective Schools Group offers a wide range of international school improvement consultancy services, in line with our conventional UK-based school services.
ESG has undertaken school improvement programmes in:
- Russian republics